Generic Name: Tramadol
Brand Names: Ultram, Conzip, Ultram ER
Strengths: Tramadol 100mg, 200mg
Where to buy tramadol online?
Tramadol is an opioid analgesic that is effective in relieving moderate to severe pain. The narcotic-like effects of Tramadol help in providing pain relief. The relatively less potential for addiction makes this drug suitable for managing conditions that require pain management over the long term like recovery from injuries and illnesses that have pain as a major symptom. The drug is not the right one for you if you are looking to take something on an as-needed basis for pain. It is available under the trade name Ultram, while there are also other generic variants that come in different names, dosage strengths, and formulations.
How does Tramadol work?
Tramadol works in two ways in the system. The drug helps in blocking the pain signals communicated between the brain and the nerve centers. Secondly, it improves the threshold at which the person feels pain. Peak pain-relieving effects can be felt within an hour of taking the drug and it has a biological half-life of about six hours.
Tramadol is available for use in a number of dosage strengths and forms. The immediate release compressed tablet comes in 100mg and 200mg dosage strengths, while the extended release capsules come in 100mg, 200mg, and 300mg dosage strengths. The other dosage forms of Tramadol include syrups, drops, liquids, suppositories, effervescent tablets, and injections. The drug is prescribed in the dosage and formulation that is most suitable for the patient. Those who have difficulty swallowing for keeping oral medication down can try any of the other forms of the drug.
How is Tramadol taken?
Tramadol should only be taken according to the instructions provided by the medical practitioner. Avoid modifying the dosage in any manner without consulting the doctor. If you feel that the drug is not as effective due to tolerance, check with the doctor before increasing the dosage. Also, do not stop taking the drug abruptly as there are chances of experiencing severe withdrawal side effects. The healthcare provider will help taper the dose in order to wean off of the drug properly. Use the Tramadol medication only as directed and avoid crushing, snorting, chewing the pills.
Missing a dose is not likely to happen often as the pain relief drug is required from time to time. In case you forget taking a dose, take it as soon as you remember or skip it entirely if it is too close to the schedule for the next dose. Never double the dosage in order to make up for the missed dose.
Tramadol overdose should be treated immediately with emergency medical attention provided. Overdose symptoms may be fainting, cold skin, slow heart rate, and severe drowsiness. The overdose can even become fatal in some cases.
It should be stored at room temperature, in a place that is away from direct sunlight, heat and moisture. Avoid keeping the medication in the bathroom cabinet or near the sink. To prevent the abuse of Tramadol by anyone not prescribed to take it, keep track of the number of pills consumed and store the pills in a locked cabinet.
- Do not use the medicine if allergic to the active ingredient.
- The drug can cause some mild side effects while taking them initially but these wear off soon.
- It has the potential to become habit-forming even if it is taken right. Avoid developing drug dependence and tolerance by following the dosage instructions of the medical practitioner.
- Do not share the drug with any person not prescribed to take it, especially children and those with a history of drug abuse, even if the pain symptoms are similar.
- The Tramadol formulation should be taken only as intended without abusing it in any manner like crushing, chewing, or injection the oral forms.
- Inform the doctor of any existing health issues like asthma, stomach ailments, metabolic disorders, seizure disorder, and liver or kidney problems.
- The use of the pill is also subject to other conditions like if you have used a MAO inhibitor in the last fourteen days, are currently using antibiotics or HIV medications, and have a history of drug or alcohol abuse.
- Pregnant and breast-feeding should not use Tramadol unless the benefits outweigh the risks.
Common side effects include:
- Constipation or diarrhea
- Stomach pain
Severe or persistent side effects require immediate medical attention and these may be:
- Menstruation and fertility problems
- Impotency and other sexual problems
- Serotonin syndrome
- Severe skin reactions
The safe use of Tramadol is possible by avoiding the simultaneous use of certain drugs that can interact adversely. These drugs that provide harmful effects when used with Tramadol are narcotics, muscle relaxants, sleeping pills, seizure medications, sedatives, antidepressants, and anti-psychotic medications to name a few. Inform the doctor if using other prescription drugs, over-the-counter formulations, herbal supplements or vitamins in order to rule out any potential interactions.